Naturally, Apple, in taking a hatchet to its greasier apps, has not actually had an attack of moral indignation or even of good taste; they haven’t, for instance, banned Playboy or the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit app. No, they’ve merely gotten hip to the fact that their rapidly swelling reputation for hawking low-rent smut is adversely affecting revenues. But instead of just copping to that, Apple has elected to scapegoat those pesky women complainers. That’s right. Humorless, Puritanical feminists supposedly whined so loudly about being offended and degraded by iBoobs that Apple just couldn’t ignore’em, and out went Wobble faster than you can snap a G-string.
Which, if it were true, would be the first time any major corporation has ever listened to feminists about anything, let alone pornography. Apple, in fact, not only doesn’t listen to feminists, it doesn’t listen to anybody. But this well-known and oft-joked-about fact doesn’t prevent the Gizmodoids from casting aspersions on killjoy women for wrecking their dudely access to mobile wanking on the iPhone platform.
It is true, and very much to the point, that women are objects, commodities, some deemed more expensive than others - but it is only by asserting one’s humanness every time, in all situations, that one becomes someone as opposed to something. That, after all, is the core of our struggle.
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Recommended Posts from this Blog
- Alain de Botton mostly misses the point regarding pornography
- Another ‘thanks sex pozzers!’ post (this time with added bestiality)
- “Beautiful birds in awkward positions”
- Brooke Magnanti needs to ‘check her privilege’
- Child Sex Trafficking, Failing to make the Connections
- Dumb MRA says dumb MRA things
- Factchecking MRAs
- Footage the porn industry doesn’t want you to see
- Further thoughts on the ‘sex positive’ response to prostitution
- Hardcore Profits Write Up
- Massive straw-woman attack on radical feminists and prostitution abolitionists in the Guardian this week
- More straw woman bashing
- Naming the agent and understanding how oppression works
- On comparing the drugs trade with the sex trade
- On the idea that ‘banning’ porn would create a ‘black market’
- Porn and Sexual Liberation
- Pornograhy is what the end of the world looks like
- Pornography, Anarchy and the Queen
- Radical feminism does not share goals with the religious right
- Roll Up, Roll Up, For The Real Johnny Anglais Show!
- Surprise surprise, the BDSM scene is as much a patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture as the rest of our patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture
- There is a ‘BDSM problems’ tumblr …
- What are we Reclaiming For?
- What does agency mean? what does making someone a victim mean?
- What is ‘ethical’ porn for? What does it achieve?
- Why (and How) I am Anti-porn
- "Footage the porn industry doesn't want you to see"
- What's Wrong With Pornography
- WHO: What do we mean by "sex" and "gender"?
- 'Date My Porn Star' write up
- Why (and How) I am Anti-Porn
- QotD: "As bizarre and unlikely as Fox’s public campaigns may seem to the average citizen outside of the LGBT, this sort of over the top anti-gay, anti-lesbian, anti-female “Men’s Rights” campaigning is an activity that is well within the mainstream of transgender activism"
- Row for Freedom!
- What is 'ethical' porn for? What does it achieve?
- Abuse at kink.com
- "Stalking prosecutions rise by 20% under new law on harassment"
- QotD: “did you know rapists only rape because they don’t know consent is sexy??”
- WHO: What do we mean by “sex” and “gender”?
- “Stalking prosecutions rise by 20% under new law on harassment”
- QotD: “Internalised liberation — the creation of an inner safe space — is neither frivolous nor self-indulgent”
- “In other words, that’s a 50% increase in likelihood you will be sexually assaulted, and all you have to do is join the BDSM community”
- QotD: “As bizarre and unlikely as Fox’s public campaigns may seem to the average citizen outside of the LGBT, this sort of over the top anti-gay, anti-lesbian, anti-female “Men’s Rights” campaigning is an activity that is well within the mainstream of transgender activism”
- “More than 300 rapes reported in schools in past three years”
- QotD: ‘positive publicity’
- QotD: “the reason why boys are made to wear blue and girls are violently discarded and burned right after birth”
- QotD: Isn’t sex more important and socially relevant than a joke?
- (commercial) sexual exploitation of children (144)
- activism (77)
- anti-BDSM (92)
- anti-irony feminist (4)
- Anti-porn: you're doing it wrong (8)
- articles/essays/commentary (156)
- bin the bunny (31)
- Body Image (44)
- Brain Sex!/Genderism/Gender Criticism (32)
- economics (61)
- events (28)
- FiL08 (5)
- flyers (6)
- Male allies (21)
- MRAs, Nice Guys(TM) and 'male feminists' (100)
- objectification/commodification (191)
- Porn industry conditions (113)
- pornography harms (243)
- pro-sex anti-porn (116)
- quote of the day (923)
- Radical Feminism (731)
- Reproductive Rights (18)
- sex and relationships education (46)
- sex industry advocates (140)
- sex industry survivors (45)
- sexual exploitation (457)
- sexual liberation (31)
- Thanks sex pozzers! (196)
- Trafficking still not a myth (111)
- Uncategorized (1)
- violence against women (544)
- We live in a rape culture (344)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.