It is true, and very much to the point, that women are objects, commodities, some deemed more expensive than others - but it is only by asserting one’s humanness every time, in all situations, that one becomes someone as opposed to something. That, after all, is the core of our struggle.
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Recommended Posts from this Blog
- Alain de Botton mostly misses the point regarding pornography
- Another ‘thanks sex pozzers!’ post (this time with added bestiality)
- “Beautiful birds in awkward positions”
- Brooke Magnanti needs to ‘check her privilege’
- Child Sex Trafficking, Failing to make the Connections
- Dumb MRA says dumb MRA things
- Factchecking MRAs
- Footage the porn industry doesn’t want you to see
- Further thoughts on the ‘sex positive’ response to prostitution
- Hardcore Profits Write Up
- Massive straw-woman attack on radical feminists and prostitution abolitionists in the Guardian this week
- More straw woman bashing
- Porn and Sexual Liberation
- Pornograhy is what the end of the world looks like
- Pornography, Anarchy and the Queen
- Radical feminism does not share goals with the religious right
- Roll Up, Roll Up, For The Real Johnny Anglais Show!
- Surprise surprise, the BDSM scene is as much a patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture as the rest of our patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture
- There is a ‘BDSM problems’ tumblr …
- What are we Reclaiming For?
- "Footage the porn industry doesn't want you to see"
- What's Wrong With Pornography
- There is a 'BDSM problems' tumblr ...
- QotD: "It’s not men’s job to subvert, mock, parody, or critique femininity"
- QotD: 'Revolutionary work'
- "The Anonymous problem with feminism"
- "US porn industry faces shutdown after another actor tests positive for HIV"
- Abuse at kink.com
- QotD: 'Crash Pad Predators'
- Porn Myths
- QotD: “It’s not men’s job to subvert, mock, parody, or critique femininity”
- “US porn industry faces shutdown after another actor tests positive for HIV”
- QotD: ‘Revolutionary work’
- “The Anonymous problem with feminism”
- QotD from Stephen Collins
- “Second woman faces deportation after sex claim against Yarl’s Wood staff”
- QotD: “that is not the way we measure progress”
- “Legal aid cuts are devastating to women, especially those suffering abuse”
- “Sacred soil” and “the art of ungentlemanly warfare”
- Today is the anniversary of the École Polytechnique massacre
- (commercial) sexual exploitation of children (80)
- activism (74)
- anti-BDSM (53)
- anti-irony feminist (4)
- Anti-porn: you're doing it wrong (7)
- articles/essays/commentary (109)
- bin the bunny (30)
- Body Image (33)
- economics (26)
- events (27)
- FiL08 (5)
- flyers (6)
- MRAs (48)
- objectification/commodification (145)
- Porn industry conditions (74)
- pornography harms (183)
- pro-sex anti-porn (113)
- quote of the day (590)
- Radical Feminism (495)
- Reproductive Rights (16)
- sex and relationships education (30)
- sex industry advocates (95)
- sex industry survivors (26)
- sexual exploitation (312)
- sexual liberation (25)
- Thanks sex pozzers! (87)
- Trafficking still not a myth (60)
- violence against women (352)
- We live in a rape culture (184)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.