I submit that anyone who is uncomfortable with Little Miss Perfect is ethically obliged to be just as uncomfortable with femininity in general. Little Miss Perfect is merely one of a gazillion equally nauseating points on the Porno-Feminine Continuum within which all female citizens of the globe are confined by a culture of oppression.
It is true, and very much to the point, that women are objects, commodities, some deemed more expensive than others - but it is only by asserting one’s humanness every time, in all situations, that one becomes someone as opposed to something. That, after all, is the core of our struggle.
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Recommended Posts from this Blog
- Alain de Botton mostly misses the point regarding pornography
- Another ‘thanks sex pozzers!’ post (this time with added bestiality)
- “Beautiful birds in awkward positions”
- Brooke Magnanti needs to ‘check her privilege’
- Child Sex Trafficking, Failing to make the Connections
- Dumb MRA says dumb MRA things
- Factchecking MRAs
- Footage the porn industry doesn’t want you to see
- For them, it was a fun game to get their dicks hard to
- Further thoughts on the ‘sex positive’ response to prostitution
- Hardcore Profits Write Up
- Massive straw-woman attack on radical feminists and prostitution abolitionists in the Guardian this week
- More straw woman bashing
- Naming the agent and understanding how oppression works
- No, radical feminists do not hate porn performers
- On comparing the drugs trade with the sex trade
- On the idea that ‘banning’ porn would create a ‘black market’
- Porn and Sexual Liberation
- Pornograhy is what the end of the world looks like
- Pornography, Anarchy and the Queen
- Radical feminism does not share goals with the religious right
- Roll Up, Roll Up, For The Real Johnny Anglais Show!
- Surprise surprise, the BDSM scene is as much a patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture as the rest of our patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture
- The UK’s new porn regulations aren’t particularly feminist, but neither do they prove the existence of ‘feminist porn’. Also, ‘squirting’ isn’t feminist
- There is a ‘BDSM problems’ tumblr …
- This is why the term ‘sex work’ is a lie
- What are we Reclaiming For?
- What does agency mean? what does making someone a victim mean?
- What is ‘ethical’ porn for? What does it achieve?
- Why (and How) I am Anti-porn
- You’re in League with Religious Fundamentalists!!!
- "Footage the porn industry doesn't want you to see"
- What's Wrong With Pornography
- BDSM is abuse and rape culture, The Sixth Siren joined Fetlife to prove it
- QotD: "I’ve come of age in the porn generation. Here are some of the problems we face"
- Playboy Quiz
- Why (and How) I am Anti-Porn
- How To Contact Us
- Another example of how meaningless 'consent culture' is
- "Graphic Sexual Horror"
- QotD: "Action against sexual harassment in schools is more about protecting the male orgasm than girls"
- QotD: “Sex trafficking victims forced to work in illicit Texas bars, claims study”
- QotD: “Prosecutors want worldwide crackdown on online sex trafficking”
- QotD: “I once scoffed at sexual consent classes. Now I’m running them”
- QotD: “The Momentum crew are less good at explaining who will do the work of caring in the future because they have zilch in the way of gender politics beyond loving sex workers”
- QotD: “New fears for 1,000 lone children in Calais refugee camp – French authorities hope Britain will honour pledges and rescue minors when the bulldozers move in”
- QotD: ‘The Beauty Myth’
- QotD: Victims of commercial sexual exploitation as young as 16 who were taken to Ibiza for the tourist sex trade then beaten with brooms and sticks if they didn’t bring in €1,000 a day have been rescued by police
- QotD: Italian court orders child rapist to buy books on women’s dignity
- QotD: “Police criticised as organised gangs gain control of sex industry”
- QotD: “Keith Vaz’s defenders have backed his call for privacy”
- (Commercial) sexual exploitation of children (351)
- Anti-BDSM (150)
- Anti-irony feminist (4)
- Anti-porn: you're doing it wrong (10)
- Bin the Bunny (35)
- Body Image, Health (75)
- Brain Sex!/Genderism/Gender Criticism (114)
- Comments/essays/analysis (209)
- Domestic/intimate partner violence/stalking (30)
- Economics (110)
- Femicide (25)
- Flyers/events/activism (99)
- Free Speech/Censorship (36)
- Images Matter (16)
- Intersectionality: you're doing it right! (4)
- Male allies (30)
- Motherhood (12)
- MRAs, Nice Guys(TM) and 'male feminists' (162)
- Porn industry conditions (172)
- Pornography harms (371)
- Prostitution (301)
- Quote of the Day (1,625)
- Radical Feminism (1,072)
- Reproductive Rights (31)
- Search Engine Terms (19)
- Sex and Relationships Education (86)
- Sex industry advocates (212)
- Sex industry survivors (116)
- Sexual liberation (38)
- Thanks sex pozzers! (LibFem/queer/postmodern/'sex positive' theory) (388)
- There's no such thing as 'feminist porn' (or, 'what about queer/gay/alt/'ethical' porn?') (22)
- Trafficking still not a myth (259)
- We live in a rape culture (612)
- Campus Rape Culture (25)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.