It is true, and very much to the point, that women are objects, commodities, some deemed more expensive than others - but it is only by asserting one’s humanness every time, in all situations, that one becomes someone as opposed to something. That, after all, is the core of our struggle.
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Recommended Posts from this Blog
- Alain de Botton mostly misses the point regarding pornography
- Another ‘thanks sex pozzers!’ post (this time with added bestiality)
- “Beautiful birds in awkward positions”
- Brooke Magnanti needs to ‘check her privilege’
- Child Sex Trafficking, Failing to make the Connections
- Dumb MRA says dumb MRA things
- Factchecking MRAs
- Footage the porn industry doesn’t want you to see
- For them, it was a fun game to get their dicks hard to
- Further thoughts on the ‘sex positive’ response to prostitution
- Hardcore Profits Write Up
- Massive straw-woman attack on radical feminists and prostitution abolitionists in the Guardian this week
- More straw woman bashing
- Naming the agent and understanding how oppression works
- No, radical feminists do not hate porn performers
- On comparing the drugs trade with the sex trade
- On the idea that ‘banning’ porn would create a ‘black market’
- Porn and Sexual Liberation
- Pornograhy is what the end of the world looks like
- Pornography, Anarchy and the Queen
- Radical feminism does not share goals with the religious right
- Roll Up, Roll Up, For The Real Johnny Anglais Show!
- Surprise surprise, the BDSM scene is as much a patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture as the rest of our patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture
- The UK’s new porn regulations aren’t particularly feminist, but neither do they prove the existence of ‘feminist porn’. Also, ‘squirting’ isn’t feminist
- There is a ‘BDSM problems’ tumblr …
- What are we Reclaiming For?
- What does agency mean? what does making someone a victim mean?
- What is ‘ethical’ porn for? What does it achieve?
- Why (and How) I am Anti-porn
- You’re in League with Religious Fundamentalists!!!
- "Footage the porn industry doesn't want you to see"
- What's Wrong With Pornography
- "Graphic Sexual Horror"
- Why (and How) I am Anti-Porn
- QotD: "Never before in history have the claims of oppressed and oppressors turned out to be, on inspection, quite harmonious. It will not be true this time either"
- What is 'ethical' porn for? What does it achieve?
- QotD: "Sexual objectification always follows wins for women"
- 'Date My Porn Star' write up
- QotD: Since I wrote all this already, I might as well make a post out of it
- QotD: "the war that men wage against women is actually worse than the wars they wage against each other"
- QotD: “Never before in history have the claims of oppressed and oppressors turned out to be, on inspection, quite harmonious. It will not be true this time either”
- QotD: “the war that men wage against women is actually worse than the wars they wage against each other”
- QotD: “Sexual objectification always follows wins for women”
- QotD: “When you fight porn you fight global capitalism”
- QotD: Fighting India’s rape culture
- QotD: “Women should not have to listen to it”
- “UK under fire over ‘incoherent’ approach to domestic violence”
- QotD: Condom Innovation
- QotD: “On ‘corporate feminism’ and the appropriation of the women’s movement”
- QotD: “Yes, you can be a feminist and a waitress…”
- (Commercial) sexual exploitation of children (208)
- Anti-BDSM (126)
- Anti-irony feminist (4)
- Anti-porn: you're doing it wrong (10)
- Bin the Bunny (32)
- Body Image, Health (51)
- Brain Sex!/Genderism/Gender Criticism (52)
- Comments/essays/analysis (177)
- Domestic/intimate partner violence/stalking (3)
- Economics (75)
- Femicide (2)
- Flyers/events/activism (89)
- Free Speech/Censorship (4)
- Images Matter (2)
- Intersectionality: you're doing it right! (4)
- Male allies (23)
- MRAs, Nice Guys(TM) and 'male feminists' (133)
- Porn industry conditions (137)
- Pornography harms (286)
- Prostitution (3)
- Quote of the Day (1,150)
- Radical Feminism (836)
- Reproductive Rights (19)
- Search Engine Terms (16)
- Sex and Relationships Education (65)
- Sex industry advocates (161)
- Sex industry survivors (62)
- Sexual liberation (38)
- Thanks sex pozzers! (queer/postmodern/'sex positive' theory) (258)
- There's no such thing as 'feminist porn' (or, 'what about queer/gay/alt/'ethical' porn?') (8)
- Trafficking still not a myth (145)
- Uncategorized (26)
- We live in a rape culture (447)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.