It is true, and very much to the point, that women are objects, commodities, some deemed more expensive than others - but it is only by asserting one’s humanness every time, in all situations, that one becomes someone as opposed to something. That, after all, is the core of our struggle.
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Recommended Posts from this Blog
- Alain de Botton mostly misses the point regarding pornography
- Another ‘thanks sex pozzers!’ post (this time with added bestiality)
- “Beautiful birds in awkward positions”
- Brooke Magnanti needs to ‘check her privilege’
- Child Sex Trafficking, Failing to make the Connections
- Dumb MRA says dumb MRA things
- Factchecking MRAs
- Footage the porn industry doesn’t want you to see
- For them, it was a fun game to get their dicks hard to
- Further thoughts on the ‘sex positive’ response to prostitution
- Hardcore Profits Write Up
- Massive straw-woman attack on radical feminists and prostitution abolitionists in the Guardian this week
- More straw woman bashing
- Naming the agent and understanding how oppression works
- No, radical feminists do not hate porn performers
- On comparing the drugs trade with the sex trade
- On the idea that ‘banning’ porn would create a ‘black market’
- Porn and Sexual Liberation
- Pornograhy is what the end of the world looks like
- Pornography, Anarchy and the Queen
- Radical feminism does not share goals with the religious right
- Roll Up, Roll Up, For The Real Johnny Anglais Show!
- Surprise surprise, the BDSM scene is as much a patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture as the rest of our patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture
- The UK’s new porn regulations aren’t particularly feminist, but neither do they prove the existence of ‘feminist porn’. Also, ‘squirting’ isn’t feminist
- There is a ‘BDSM problems’ tumblr …
- This is why the term ‘sex work’ is a lie
- What are we Reclaiming For?
- What does agency mean? what does making someone a victim mean?
- What is ‘ethical’ porn for? What does it achieve?
- Why (and How) I am Anti-porn
- You’re in League with Religious Fundamentalists!!!
- "Footage the porn industry doesn't want you to see"
- What's Wrong With Pornography
- QotD: "opinions are genders, personalities are genders, moods are genders"
- Amnesty International didn't research any country which has decriminalised the sex industry
- Amnesty International is actually ok with some 'sex workers' being criminalised
- BDSM is abuse and rape culture, The Sixth Siren joined Fetlife to prove it
- Row for Freedom!
- This is why the term 'sex work' is a lie
- QotD: "It would be so awesome if people would actually debate the Nordic Model as it is instead of lying about it"
- QotD: "When progressives support pimps"
- QotD: “It would be so awesome if people would actually debate the Nordic Model as it is instead of lying about it”
- Amnesty International didn’t research any country which has decriminalised the sex industry
- Amnesty International is actually ok with some ‘sex workers’ being criminalised
- Calling prostitution ‘sex work’ turns any problem with prostitution into a ‘labour issue’, rather than a sexual abuse issue.
- QotD: “opinions are genders, personalities are genders, moods are genders”
- QotD: “Trigger Warning”
- QotD: “When progressives support pimps”
- QotD: “From now on I’m going to do be doing all of my shitposting from Mars to ensure my ideological purity”
- QotD: “Exiles in their own flesh”
- QotD: “Teaching sex education misses the point unless you teach boys not to be sexist”
- (Commercial) sexual exploitation of children (234)
- Anti-BDSM (130)
- Anti-irony feminist (4)
- Anti-porn: you're doing it wrong (10)
- Bin the Bunny (32)
- Body Image, Health (53)
- Brain Sex!/Genderism/Gender Criticism (59)
- Comments/essays/analysis (187)
- Domestic/intimate partner violence/stalking (5)
- Economics (81)
- Femicide (4)
- Flyers/events/activism (92)
- Free Speech/Censorship (7)
- Images Matter (2)
- Intersectionality: you're doing it right! (4)
- Male allies (25)
- MRAs, Nice Guys(TM) and 'male feminists' (138)
- Porn industry conditions (139)
- Pornography harms (298)
- Prostitution (175)
- Quote of the Day (1,229)
- Radical Feminism (885)
- Reproductive Rights (19)
- Search Engine Terms (17)
- Sex and Relationships Education (69)
- Sex industry advocates (187)
- Sex industry survivors (83)
- Sexual liberation (37)
- Thanks sex pozzers! (LibFem/queer/postmodern/'sex positive' theory) (298)
- There's no such thing as 'feminist porn' (or, 'what about queer/gay/alt/'ethical' porn?') (10)
- Trafficking still not a myth (177)
- Uncategorized (23)
- We live in a rape culture (486)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.