It is true, and very much to the point, that women are objects, commodities, some deemed more expensive than others - but it is only by asserting one’s humanness every time, in all situations, that one becomes someone as opposed to something. That, after all, is the core of our struggle.
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Recommended Posts from this Blog
- Alain de Botton mostly misses the point regarding pornography
- Another ‘thanks sex pozzers!’ post (this time with added bestiality)
- “Beautiful birds in awkward positions”
- Brooke Magnanti needs to ‘check her privilege’
- Child Sex Trafficking, Failing to make the Connections
- Dumb MRA says dumb MRA things
- Factchecking MRAs
- Footage the porn industry doesn’t want you to see
- For them, it was a fun game to get their dicks hard to
- Further thoughts on the ‘sex positive’ response to prostitution
- Hardcore Profits Write Up
- Massive straw-woman attack on radical feminists and prostitution abolitionists in the Guardian this week
- More straw woman bashing
- Naming the agent and understanding how oppression works
- No, radical feminists do not hate porn performers
- On comparing the drugs trade with the sex trade
- On the idea that ‘banning’ porn would create a ‘black market’
- Porn and Sexual Liberation
- Pornograhy is what the end of the world looks like
- Pornography, Anarchy and the Queen
- Radical feminism does not share goals with the religious right
- Roll Up, Roll Up, For The Real Johnny Anglais Show!
- Surprise surprise, the BDSM scene is as much a patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture as the rest of our patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture
- The UK’s new porn regulations aren’t particularly feminist, but neither do they prove the existence of ‘feminist porn’. Also, ‘squirting’ isn’t feminist
- There is a ‘BDSM problems’ tumblr …
- What are we Reclaiming For?
- What does agency mean? what does making someone a victim mean?
- What is ‘ethical’ porn for? What does it achieve?
- Why (and How) I am Anti-porn
- You’re in League with Religious Fundamentalists!!!
- "Footage the porn industry doesn't want you to see"
- What's Wrong With Pornography
- QotD: "if you’re a male ‘feminist’ have you tried literally not talking to women about misogyny and leaving us alone?"
- 'Date My Porn Star' write up
- Why (and How) I am Anti-Porn
- QotD: "The rest are way too uppity to be acceptable to men"
- What is 'ethical' porn for? What does it achieve?
- QotD: "You know it’s bad when the glitterqueers sound like actual fundamentalists"
- BDSM is abuse and rape culture, The Sixth Siren joined Fetlife to prove it
- About Us
- QotD: “You know it’s bad when the glitterqueers sound like actual fundamentalists”
- QotD: “if you’re a male ‘feminist’ have you tried literally not talking to women about misogyny and leaving us alone?”
- QotD: “The rest are way too uppity to be acceptable to men”
- Categories Overhaul
- ‘Cause it’s all about respecting boundaries, right?
- “New law offers protection to abused Native American women”
- QotD: “For a woman to masturbate to, or enact, the rape and torture of women & girls she must disassociate from the one being hurt, thereby disassociating from any part of herself that is, has been, or could be victimized”
- QotD: “Making women seem anti-sex and joyless if we want the right to be sexual without being humiliated or hurt, and making men seem wimpy and undersexed if they prefer cooperation to domination, is clearly the tactic of choice for isolating anybody who tries to separate sexuality from violence and domination”
- Wow, BDSM sounds so healthy!
- QotD: “If I saw you in the street, I would slit your throat. Men are not monsters”
- (Commercial) sexual exploitation of children (173)
- Anti-BDSM (114)
- Anti-irony feminist (4)
- Anti-porn: you're doing it wrong (9)
- Bin the Bunny (31)
- Body Image (45)
- Brain Sex!/Genderism/Gender Criticism (43)
- Comments/essays/analysis (170)
- Economics (70)
- Flyers/events/activism (87)
- Intersectionality: you're doing it right! (4)
- Male allies (23)
- MRAs, Nice Guys(TM) and 'male feminists' (119)
- Porn industry conditions (130)
- Pornography harms (270)
- Quote of the Day (1,052)
- Radical Feminism (791)
- Reproductive Rights (18)
- Search Engine Terms (14)
- Sex and Relationships Education (56)
- Sex industry advocates (156)
- Sex industry survivors (58)
- Sexual exploitation (505)
- Sexual liberation (37)
- Thanks sex pozzers! (queer/postmodern/'sex positive' theory) (236)
- Trafficking still not a myth (131)
- Uncategorized (12)
- We live in a rape culture (407)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.