I think a lot of people know that those of us who are for abolishing prostitution are not saying “survival sex workers should just give up their only means of survival” but are saying “women should not be forced in to selling sex (being raped) in order to survive”. abolishing prostitution is tied to abolishing capitalism for us, and I know pro-sex industry people know that, they just try to distort it to make it seem like we want to abolish prostitution without simultaneously abolishing capitalism, so they can paint us as wanting the most marginalized and poorest women to have no means of surviving in a capitalist society.
And those women who enjoy being sex workers? Who weren’t forced or coerced?
yeah what about those rich women who dont want or need the money and love to fuck violent, rapist, old disgusting men who don’t wipe their asses or shower?? what about the women who like having a high risk of being raped and murdered? what about the women who like getting infections and illnesses and dying early? what about those women who are almost 100% a male fantasy?? check-mate feminists.
It is true, and very much to the point, that women are objects, commodities, some deemed more expensive than others - but it is only by asserting one’s humanness every time, in all situations, that one becomes someone as opposed to something. That, after all, is the core of our struggle.
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Recommended Posts from this Blog
- Alain de Botton mostly misses the point regarding pornography
- Another ‘thanks sex pozzers!’ post (this time with added bestiality)
- BDSM is abuse and rape culture, The Sixth Siren joined Fetlife to prove it
- “Beautiful birds in awkward positions”
- Brooke Magnanti needs to ‘check her privilege’
- ‘Cherry-picking’ and academic studies on women’s violence against men
- Child Sex Trafficking, Failing to Make the Connections
- Dumb MRA says dumb MRA things
- Factchecking MRAs
- Footage the porn industry doesn’t want you to see
- For them, it was a fun game to get their dicks hard to
- Further thoughts on the ‘sex positive’ response to prostitution
- Hardcore Profits Write Up
- Knowland Doesn’t Know, Part One
- Knowland Doesn’t Know, Part Two
- The legal marijuana industry in Colorado and the legal porn industry in California, compare and contrast
- Massive straw-woman attack on radical feminists and prostitution abolitionists in the Guardian this week
- #MeToo and Anti-porn Feminism
- More BDSM Grossness
- More straw woman bashing
- ‘Mums Make Porn’ but there’s still no such thing as feminist porn
- Naming the agent and understanding how oppression works
- No, radical feminists do not hate porn performers
- On the idea that ‘banning’ porn would create a ‘black market’
- Porn and Sexual Liberation
- Pornograhy is what the end of the world looks like
- Pornography, Anarchy and the Queen
- Radical feminism does not share goals with the religious right
- Roll Up, Roll Up, For The Real Johnny Anglais Show!
- Surprise surprise, the BDSM scene is as much a patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture as the rest of our patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture
- ‘Teen porn’ is popular because virtual/pseudo child porn is marketed as ‘teen porn’
- There is a ‘BDSM problems’ tumblr …
- This is why the term ‘sex work’ is a lie
- The UK’s new porn regulations aren’t particularly feminist, but neither do they prove the existence of ‘feminist porn’. Also, ‘squirting’ isn’t feminist
- What are we Reclaiming For?
- What does agency mean? what does making someone a victim mean?
- What is ‘ethical’ porn for? What does it achieve?
- Why (and How) I am Anti-porn
- You’re in League with Religious Fundamentalists!!!
- "Footage the porn industry doesn't want you to see"
- What is 'ethical' porn for? What does it achieve?
- What's Wrong With Pornography
- QotD: "Sexual harassment in schools is down to one thing: porn"
- QotD: "The trouble with being a teenage boy today"
- QotD: "Killer’s trial exposes cult of angry virgins"
- QotD: "Male survivors of sexual abuse deserve better"
- QotD: "The Case of the Married Woman"
- The BBC is regurgitating press releases from the ECP
- QotD: "Report boys to the police for sexual abuse, top schools told"
- QotD: “County lines gangs give young girls to dealers”
- QotD: “Six-year-olds tell of abuse by classmates”
- QotD: “Sexual harassment in schools is down to one thing: porn”
- QotD: “The trouble with being a teenage boy today”
- QotD: Teachers ‘struggle to deal with classroom sexual abuse’
- QotD: “Fewer than one in 60 rape cases lead to charge in England and Wales”
- QotD: “Porn blocker ‘missing’ from Online Safety Bill prompts concern”
- QotD: “In the land of murdered wives”
- QotD: “Father calls for pornography sites to require proof of age”
- QotD : “They knew. They all knew”
- (Commercial) sexual exploitation of children (507)
- Anti-BDSM (194)
- Anti-irony feminist (4)
- Anti-porn: you're doing it wrong (11)
- Bin the Bunny (44)
- Body Image, Health (94)
- Brain Sex!/Genderism/Gender Criticism (128)
- Comments/essays/analysis (259)
- Domestic/intimate partner violence/stalking (91)
- Economics (132)
- Femicide (73)
- Flyers/events/activism/media complaints (138)
- Free Speech/Censorship (94)
- Images Matter (24)
- Intersectionality: you're doing it right! (8)
- Male allies (44)
- Motherhood (29)
- MRAs, Nice Guys(TM) and 'male feminists' (182)
- Porn industry conditions (229)
- Pornography harms (508)
- Prostitution (439)
- Quote of the Day (2,116)
- Radical Feminism (1,275)
- Reproductive Rights (43)
- Search Engine Terms (22)
- Sex and Relationships Education (104)
- Sex industry advocates (240)
- Sex industry survivors (136)
- Sexual liberation (41)
- Thanks sex pozzers! (LibFem/3rd Wave/queer/postmodern/'sex positive' theory) (489)
- There's no such thing as 'feminist porn' (or, 'what about queer/gay/alt/'ethical' porn?') (38)
- Trafficking still not a myth (344)
- Trans issues (216)
- We live in a rape culture (736)
- Campus Rape Culture (39)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.