Seven men have been charged with child sexual exploitation offences by police investigating historical crimes in Rotherham.
South Yorkshire police said the offences were alleged to have taken place in the town between January and October 2003 and the charges arose out of Operation Clover, a partnership investigation by the force, Rotherham council and the Crown Prosecution Service.
A spokesman said four of the men had been charged with rape. These were Asif Ali, 30, of Clough Road, Rotherham; Waleed Ali, 33, of Canklow Road, Rotherham; Ishtiaq Khaliq, 32, of Cherry Brook, Rotherham, and Masoued Malik, 31, of Bridgewater Way, Rotherham.
He said Waleed Ali had also been charged with indecent assault and Khaliq had been charged with a further two charges of indecent assault.
Malik has also been charged with conspiracy to indecently assault and conspiracy to falsely imprison.
The spokesman said Mohammed Whied, 31, of Psalters Lane, Sheffield, had been charged with two counts of aiding and abetting rape.
The spokesman said that two men who were already facing multiple charges relating to child sexual offences had also been charged with further offences.
He said Arshid Hussain, 40, and Basharat Hussain, 39, both from Goole, had each been charged with a further count of indecent assault.
The force said that in addition to the seven men charged, two further men had been reported on summons.
The spokesman said Sageer Hussain, 30, of Cottingham Street, Goole, had been reported on summons for four counts of rape and one count of indecent assault and Naeem Rafiq, 32, of Clarendon Road, Eastwood, had been reported on summons for conspiracy to indecently assault and conspiracy to falsely imprison.
All nine men will appear before Rotherham magistrates court on 16 November. Six of those charged were bailed pending their court appearance. Basharat Hussain is already in custody.
It is true, and very much to the point, that women are objects, commodities, some deemed more expensive than others - but it is only by asserting one’s humanness every time, in all situations, that one becomes someone as opposed to something. That, after all, is the core of our struggle.
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Recommended Posts from this Blog
- Alain de Botton mostly misses the point regarding pornography
- Another ‘thanks sex pozzers!’ post (this time with added bestiality)
- “Beautiful birds in awkward positions”
- Brooke Magnanti needs to ‘check her privilege’
- Child Sex Trafficking, Failing to make the Connections
- Dumb MRA says dumb MRA things
- Factchecking MRAs
- Footage the porn industry doesn’t want you to see
- For them, it was a fun game to get their dicks hard to
- Further thoughts on the ‘sex positive’ response to prostitution
- Hardcore Profits Write Up
- Massive straw-woman attack on radical feminists and prostitution abolitionists in the Guardian this week
- More straw woman bashing
- Naming the agent and understanding how oppression works
- No, radical feminists do not hate porn performers
- On comparing the drugs trade with the sex trade
- On the idea that ‘banning’ porn would create a ‘black market’
- Porn and Sexual Liberation
- Pornograhy is what the end of the world looks like
- Pornography, Anarchy and the Queen
- Radical feminism does not share goals with the religious right
- Roll Up, Roll Up, For The Real Johnny Anglais Show!
- Surprise surprise, the BDSM scene is as much a patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture as the rest of our patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture
- The UK’s new porn regulations aren’t particularly feminist, but neither do they prove the existence of ‘feminist porn’. Also, ‘squirting’ isn’t feminist
- There is a ‘BDSM problems’ tumblr …
- This is why the term ‘sex work’ is a lie
- What are we Reclaiming For?
- What does agency mean? what does making someone a victim mean?
- What is ‘ethical’ porn for? What does it achieve?
- Why (and How) I am Anti-porn
- You’re in League with Religious Fundamentalists!!!
- "Footage the porn industry doesn't want you to see"
- What's Wrong With Pornography
- BDSM is abuse and rape culture, The Sixth Siren joined Fetlife to prove it
- "David Cameron's internet porn filter is the start of censorship creep"
- “Rape culture is a culture in which people who have survived a violent crime are asked to laugh about it because other people think it’s funny.”
- Men consume pornography because they hate women
- There is a 'BDSM problems' tumblr ...
- Brooke Magnanti needs to 'check her privilege'
- Here is a handy explanation of what radfems think of bdsm:
- Another 'thanks sex pozzers!' post (this time with added bestiality)
- QotD: “Rape victims to be spared ordeal of cross-examination in court”
- Happy International Women’s Day!
- “Sex education to be made compulsory in secondary schools”
- “Sexual harassment ‘at epidemic levels’ in UK universities”
- From Clytemnaestra to Hillary Clinton
- QotD: “please stop talking about the human body as if it is a morphing vague undefinable accidental mass”
- Sexual Offences Bill criminalising purchase of sex passed in Republic of Ireland
- Kitty Stryker thinks women should die for saying ‘no’ to men
- QotD: “Menstrual seclusion was once about giving women a safe space – hunter gatherer cultures can teach us how women’s blood is potent, not polluting”
- “Hawaii bill would legalize prostitution industry”
- (Commercial) sexual exploitation of children (365)
- Anti-BDSM (153)
- Anti-irony feminist (4)
- Anti-porn: you're doing it wrong (10)
- Bin the Bunny (36)
- Body Image, Health (75)
- Brain Sex!/Genderism/Gender Criticism (119)
- Comments/essays/analysis (210)
- Domestic/intimate partner violence/stalking (33)
- Economics (113)
- Femicide (28)
- Flyers/events/activism (100)
- Free Speech/Censorship (38)
- Images Matter (16)
- Intersectionality: you're doing it right! (4)
- Male allies (32)
- Motherhood (14)
- MRAs, Nice Guys(TM) and 'male feminists' (164)
- Porn industry conditions (176)
- Pornography harms (378)
- Prostitution (312)
- Quote of the Day (1,670)
- Radical Feminism (1,093)
- Reproductive Rights (36)
- Search Engine Terms (19)
- Sex and Relationships Education (88)
- Sex industry advocates (213)
- Sex industry survivors (119)
- Sexual liberation (39)
- Thanks sex pozzers! (LibFem/queer/postmodern/'sex positive' theory) (400)
- There's no such thing as 'feminist porn' (or, 'what about queer/gay/alt/'ethical' porn?') (23)
- Trafficking still not a myth (266)
- We live in a rape culture (630)
- Campus Rape Culture (26)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.