like if we were to start saying “humans don’t have five fingers because some humans have less or more” then you erase the fact that these abnormalities become disabilities. you don’t help people who are born missing fingers by ignoring the fact they don’t have the amount of fingers they should. these people grow learn and adapt but the fact that they must do so is a unique experience because of their disability, and something most people don’t have to do.
please please please PLEASE I am begging you please stop talking about the human body as if it is a morphing vague undefinable accidental mass. The human genome took thousands of years to evolve and will continue to evolve but now at this time humans have a set of characteristics that define them as humans and not as dogs or trees or bananas or birds or whales. They are primates, they are apes, they have two legs two arms ten fingers one stomach and one heart and also for the love of the moon the stars the depths of the sea and my sanity TWO SEXES
It is true, and very much to the point, that women are objects, commodities, some deemed more expensive than others - but it is only by asserting one’s humanness every time, in all situations, that one becomes someone as opposed to something. That, after all, is the core of our struggle.
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Recommended Posts from this Blog
- Alain de Botton mostly misses the point regarding pornography
- Another ‘thanks sex pozzers!’ post (this time with added bestiality)
- “Beautiful birds in awkward positions”
- Brooke Magnanti needs to ‘check her privilege’
- Child Sex Trafficking, Failing to make the Connections
- Dumb MRA says dumb MRA things
- Factchecking MRAs
- Footage the porn industry doesn’t want you to see
- For them, it was a fun game to get their dicks hard to
- Further thoughts on the ‘sex positive’ response to prostitution
- Hardcore Profits Write Up
- Massive straw-woman attack on radical feminists and prostitution abolitionists in the Guardian this week
- More straw woman bashing
- Naming the agent and understanding how oppression works
- No, radical feminists do not hate porn performers
- On comparing the drugs trade with the sex trade
- On the idea that ‘banning’ porn would create a ‘black market’
- Porn and Sexual Liberation
- Pornograhy is what the end of the world looks like
- Pornography, Anarchy and the Queen
- Radical feminism does not share goals with the religious right
- Roll Up, Roll Up, For The Real Johnny Anglais Show!
- Surprise surprise, the BDSM scene is as much a patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture as the rest of our patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture
- The UK’s new porn regulations aren’t particularly feminist, but neither do they prove the existence of ‘feminist porn’. Also, ‘squirting’ isn’t feminist
- There is a ‘BDSM problems’ tumblr …
- This is why the term ‘sex work’ is a lie
- What are we Reclaiming For?
- What does agency mean? what does making someone a victim mean?
- What is ‘ethical’ porn for? What does it achieve?
- Why (and How) I am Anti-porn
- You’re in League with Religious Fundamentalists!!!
- "Footage the porn industry doesn't want you to see"
- What's Wrong With Pornography
- BDSM is abuse and rape culture, The Sixth Siren joined Fetlife to prove it
- "David Cameron's internet porn filter is the start of censorship creep"
- “Rape culture is a culture in which people who have survived a violent crime are asked to laugh about it because other people think it’s funny.”
- Men consume pornography because they hate women
- There is a 'BDSM problems' tumblr ...
- Brooke Magnanti needs to 'check her privilege'
- Here is a handy explanation of what radfems think of bdsm:
- Another 'thanks sex pozzers!' post (this time with added bestiality)
- QotD: “Rape victims to be spared ordeal of cross-examination in court”
- Happy International Women’s Day!
- “Sex education to be made compulsory in secondary schools”
- “Sexual harassment ‘at epidemic levels’ in UK universities”
- From Clytemnaestra to Hillary Clinton
- QotD: “please stop talking about the human body as if it is a morphing vague undefinable accidental mass”
- Sexual Offences Bill criminalising purchase of sex passed in Republic of Ireland
- Kitty Stryker thinks women should die for saying ‘no’ to men
- QotD: “Menstrual seclusion was once about giving women a safe space – hunter gatherer cultures can teach us how women’s blood is potent, not polluting”
- “Hawaii bill would legalize prostitution industry”
- (Commercial) sexual exploitation of children (365)
- Anti-BDSM (153)
- Anti-irony feminist (4)
- Anti-porn: you're doing it wrong (10)
- Bin the Bunny (36)
- Body Image, Health (75)
- Brain Sex!/Genderism/Gender Criticism (119)
- Comments/essays/analysis (210)
- Domestic/intimate partner violence/stalking (33)
- Economics (113)
- Femicide (28)
- Flyers/events/activism (100)
- Free Speech/Censorship (38)
- Images Matter (16)
- Intersectionality: you're doing it right! (4)
- Male allies (32)
- Motherhood (14)
- MRAs, Nice Guys(TM) and 'male feminists' (164)
- Porn industry conditions (176)
- Pornography harms (378)
- Prostitution (312)
- Quote of the Day (1,670)
- Radical Feminism (1,093)
- Reproductive Rights (36)
- Search Engine Terms (19)
- Sex and Relationships Education (88)
- Sex industry advocates (213)
- Sex industry survivors (119)
- Sexual liberation (39)
- Thanks sex pozzers! (LibFem/queer/postmodern/'sex positive' theory) (400)
- There's no such thing as 'feminist porn' (or, 'what about queer/gay/alt/'ethical' porn?') (23)
- Trafficking still not a myth (266)
- We live in a rape culture (630)
- Campus Rape Culture (26)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.