It is true, and very much to the point, that women are objects, commodities, some deemed more expensive than others - but it is only by asserting one’s humanness every time, in all situations, that one becomes someone as opposed to something. That, after all, is the core of our struggle.
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Andrea Dworkin, Woman Hating
Recommended Posts from this Blog
- Alain de Botton mostly misses the point regarding pornography
- Another ‘thanks sex pozzers!’ post (this time with added bestiality)
- “Beautiful birds in awkward positions”
- Brooke Magnanti needs to ‘check her privilege’
- Child Sex Trafficking, Failing to make the Connections
- Dumb MRA says dumb MRA things
- Factchecking MRAs
- Footage the porn industry doesn’t want you to see
- For them, it was a fun game to get their dicks hard to
- Further thoughts on the ‘sex positive’ response to prostitution
- Hardcore Profits Write Up
- Massive straw-woman attack on radical feminists and prostitution abolitionists in the Guardian this week
- #MeToo and Anti-porn Feminism
- More BDSM Grossness
- More straw woman bashing
- Naming the agent and understanding how oppression works
- No, radical feminists do not hate porn performers
- On comparing the drugs trade with the sex trade
- On the idea that ‘banning’ porn would create a ‘black market’
- Porn and Sexual Liberation
- Pornograhy is what the end of the world looks like
- Pornography, Anarchy and the Queen
- Radical feminism does not share goals with the religious right
- Roll Up, Roll Up, For The Real Johnny Anglais Show!
- Surprise surprise, the BDSM scene is as much a patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture as the rest of our patriarchal, victim blaming rape culture
- The UK’s new porn regulations aren’t particularly feminist, but neither do they prove the existence of ‘feminist porn’. Also, ‘squirting’ isn’t feminist
- ‘Teen porn’ is popular because virtual/pseudo child porn is marketed as ‘teen porn’
- There is a ‘BDSM problems’ tumblr …
- This is why the term ‘sex work’ is a lie
- What are we Reclaiming For?
- What does agency mean? what does making someone a victim mean?
- What is ‘ethical’ porn for? What does it achieve?
- Why (and How) I am Anti-porn
- You’re in League with Religious Fundamentalists!!!
- Trans activist calls girls 'invasive little cock monsters' and 'dick-hungry 8 year old lesbians'
- BDSM is abuse and rape culture, The Sixth Siren joined Fetlife to prove it
- "Footage the porn industry doesn't want you to see"
- Why (and How) I am Anti-Porn
- QotD: "University alerts students to danger of leftwing essay"
- What's Wrong With Pornography
- QotD: "Mermaids received a grant of £125,861 from Children in Need last year"
- QotD: "Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger"
- QotD: ‘University Unchallenged’
- QotD: “University alerts students to danger of leftwing essay”
- Trans activist calls girls ‘invasive little cock monsters’ and ‘dick-hungry 8 year old lesbians’
- QotD: “Jenni Murray pulls out of Oxford talk after students try to ‘no platform’ her over ‘transphobic’ comments”
- QotD: “Mermaids received a grant of £125,861 from Children in Need last year”
- QotD: “Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger”
- QotD: “Why isn’t everyone outraged at this casual sexualisation of a kid?”
- QotD: “Activists thwart work on gender law reforms”
- QotD: “This is not acceptance … In fact, this is rejection”
- QotD: “Trans Activists’ Campaign Against ‘TERFs’ has Become an Attack on Science”
- (Commercial) sexual exploitation of children (426)
- Anti-BDSM (164)
- Anti-irony feminist (4)
- Anti-porn: you're doing it wrong (10)
- Bin the Bunny (44)
- Body Image, Health (88)
- Brain Sex!/Genderism/Gender Criticism (121)
- Comments/essays/analysis (245)
- Domestic/intimate partner violence/stalking (51)
- Economics (122)
- Femicide (41)
- Flyers/events/activism (108)
- Free Speech/Censorship (87)
- Images Matter (20)
- Intersectionality: you're doing it right! (8)
- Male allies (42)
- Motherhood (20)
- MRAs, Nice Guys(TM) and 'male feminists' (173)
- Porn industry conditions (193)
- Pornography harms (418)
- Prostitution (384)
- Quote of the Day (1,904)
- Radical Feminism (1,212)
- Reproductive Rights (41)
- Search Engine Terms (21)
- Sex and Relationships Education (93)
- Sex industry advocates (230)
- Sex industry survivors (125)
- Sexual liberation (41)
- Thanks sex pozzers! (LibFem/3rd Wave/queer/postmodern/'sex positive' theory) (452)
- There's no such thing as 'feminist porn' (or, 'what about queer/gay/alt/'ethical' porn?') (31)
- Trafficking still not a myth (303)
- Trans issues (196)
- We live in a rape culture (676)
- Campus Rape Culture (27)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.